By Pamela Bacon
March 17, 2021
Motor Vehicle Information:
Do you have more than one vehicle registered to you?
Would you like to be able to renew them at the same time of the year?
You may utilize the common expiration date when you have another vehicle that expires in the desired expiration month that way all your vehicle registrations expire in the same month.
- You must own another vehicle that expires in the common expiration month you are wanting the vehicles to expire.
- Must be with an expiration month less than 12 months into the future.
- Request the common expiration date at the time of renewal of the 2nd vehicle to stay within in the 12-month renewal cycle
Example: 1st car expires in February and the 2nd car expires in May.
- When you renew the 2nd vehicle in May ask the Motor Vehicle Clerk to make the 2nd vehicle renew in February with the 1st vehicle.
- You will be charged only from May to the new expiration of February.
- In February you will renew both the 1st vehicle and the 2nd vehicle for a full year registration cycle.
Questions: Call us 970-522-1158
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording