MOTOR VEHICLE INFORMATION: PERSONALIZED LICENSE PLATE
Personalized License Plate Application
To apply for a personalized license plate, a vehicle owner(s) may:
• Apply at their county of residence Motor Vehicles office.
• Apply online at MyDMV.Colorado.gov.
Walk-in personalized license plate requests may be submitted at the county of residence Motor Vehicles office, to include the license plate remanufacturing and plate type conversion requests. At the time of such requests, all material fees, county taxes, fees and surcharges, as well as other applicable taxes and fees will be collected and prorated, as may be necessary at the time.
When a Personalized Plate Request case is approved by State office reviewer(s), the approved case automatically creates a Print-on-Demand (POD) license plate order, which is sent to the Colorado Correctional Industries for processing daily, where they are manufactured and mailed to customer with a registration receipt, a month and a year tab decals affixed to the license plate.
Print on Demand personalized license plates are delivered to customers by USPS mail, as do all other Print on Demand plates.
Reasons for Rejected Personalized License Plate Requests
The following factors may be the reason for a rejected personalized license plate request:
• the requested configuration is already registered;
• the requested configuration conflicts with these standard (regular) license plate configurations:
- 3 alpha, up to 4 numeric
- Up to 5 numeric, 2 alpha
- 1 alpha, up to 6 numeric
- 2 alpha, 2 numeric, 2 alpha
- 2 numeric, 2 alpha, 3 numeric
- 1 alpha, up to 4 numeric, 1 alpha
- 1 numeric, 2 alpha, up to 4 numeric
- 1 alpha 1 numeric, 1 alpha, up to 4 numeric
- Up to 5 numeric, 1 alpha, 1 numeric
- Up to 4 numeric, 2 alpha, 1 numeric
- 2 numeric, 1 alpha, 2 numeric
- Up to 6 numeric, 1 alpha
- Up to 4 numeric, 2 alpha, 2 numeric
- 2 alpha, up to 4 numeric
- 4 alpha, 2 numeric;
- zeros (numeric) are not allowed. (Effective February 1, 2003);
• more than seven (7) characters requested;
• more than six (6) characters requested for motorcycle plates;
• more than (5) characters requested for Persons with Disability plates;
• more than (3) characters requested for Persons with Disability motorcycle plates;
• requests for a special character other than the three allowed:
- Period ( . )
- Dash ( - )
- Space ( )
• request for only one character. Minimum of two characters is required;
• an all numeric request must have a minimum of five numbers;
• a configuration possibly offensive to the general public.
County Offices will be closed on Monday, February 15, 2021 for Presidents Day.
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording