By Pamela Bacon
Logan County Clerk and Recorder
MAKE A PLAN TO VOTE!
November 2, 2021 Coordinated Election will be an all-mail ballot delivery. Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible registered electors starting October 8, 2021.
What will be on the November 2, 2021 Coordinated Mail Ballot?
RE-1 Valley School District Candidates
Haxtun School District RE2J Candidates
Plateau School District RE-5 Candidates
Prairie School District RE-11J Candidates
AIMS Community College Candidates
State of Colorado Ballot Measure Amendment 78
State of Colorado Ballot Measure Proposition 119
State of Colorado Ballot Measure Proposition 120
Plateau School District RE-5 Referred Ballot Issue 4B
Highland Park Sanitation District Referred Ballot Question 6M
C.R.S. 1-13-106 Forgery- Any person who falsely makes, alters, forges, or counterfeits any ballot before or after it has been cast, or who forges any name of a person as a signer or witness to a petition or nomination paper, or who forges any letter of acceptance, declination, or withdrawal, or who forges the name of a registered elector to a voter’s mail-in or mail ballot commits forgery which is a class five 5 felony.
C.R.S. 1-13-112 Offenses relating to mail ballots - Any person who, by use of force or other means, unduly influences an elector to vote in any particular manner or to refrain from voting, or who falsely makes, alters, forges, or counterfeits any mail ballot before or after it has been cast, or who destroys, defaces, mutilates, or tampers with such a ballot shall be punished by a fine of not more than five thousand dollars, or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than eighteen months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
C.R.S. 1-13-203 Procuring false registration -It is unlawful for any person to procure a false voter registration. To do so, is considered a Class 5 Felony, resulting in either a fine of up to $5,000.00, imprisonment in the county jail for up to 18 months, or both.
C.R.S 1-13-714 Electioneering (aka, campaigning) is prohibited from taking place either inside a polling place or within 100 feet of any building in which a polling location is located or of a ballot drop box. Each polling place must post signs marking the limit.
Voters may NOT advocate for the election or defeat of a candidate or a ballot measure either inside a polling place or within 100 feet of the entrance to a polling place. While inside a polling place, voters may NOT wear pins, t-shirts, hats, or other apparel that displays any preference for a candidate or a ballot measure that is on the ballot.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2021 COORDINATED ELECTION:
· October 8 – 15, 2021: Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors.
· October 12, 2021, Tuesday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through a voter registration drive. (No later than 22 days before the election)
· October 25, 2021, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver’s license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the General Election. (Through the 8th day prior to the election)
· October 25, 2021, Monday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
· October 25, 2021, Monday – November 2, 2021, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
· Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, October 30, 2021, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots.
· November 2, 2021: ELECTION DAY
VOTER SERVICE AND POLLING CENTER:
Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording.