Veteran's Service Officer

Curtis Swanson, Logan County Veteran's Service Officer

315 Main Street
Sterling, CO 80751
(970) 520-5876 
Call between
9 a.m - 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday
(970) 522-4018 FAX
E-mail: swansonc@logancountyco.gov

Logan County Courthouse Statute of Liberty

Providing Information and Assistance to Veterans and Their Dependents

  • Educational
  • Housing
  • Compensation
  • Pension
  • Medical
  • Disability
  • Insurance
  • Death
  • Home/Nursing Home visits
  • Other benefits based on requirements of the Veterans Administration

Office Hours

Monday 9 am - 1 pm

Tuesday 9 am - 2 pm

Wednesday 9 am - 2 pm

Thursday 9 am - 2 pm

Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are also accepted.  Office is on the second floor of the Logan County Courthouse Room 221.  An elevator is available and can be accessed from the ground floor.  An accessible ramp is located on the Main Street ground floor entrance if needed.

I am available to meet with Veterans at their homes or at any location needed if necessary.

Veteran military identifier may be added to your driver's license or ID card. 

Click on the link to see Military License Plates available in the State of Colorado.

Veteran's Service Records

Request military records and learn about services for yourself or a family member:  archives.gov

U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs website:   va.gov

Veteran/Military Identifier for Driver's License or ID Card

Colorado statute allows eligible applicants to add a veteran indicator, military identifier or both to their driver license or ID card.

The word "VETERAN" may be printed on the driver license or ID card if the applicant is a veteran of the United States Armed Forces and presents one of the following documents at a driver license office:

  • Copy of the DD214 indicating an honorable discharge.
  • Valid military identification card.

MILITARY IDENTIFIER may be added to the driver license or ID card for applicants who have served or are currently serving in the United States Armed Forces.  Only one military identifier may be added to any document (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard or Navy).  Military identifiers from other states do not transfer - applicants must present one of the following documents at a driver license office to add a military identifier:

  • Copy of the DD214
  • Valid military identification card
  • Valid common access card

Once the veteran indicator and/or military identifier has been added to the driver license or ID card, additional documentation is not required at renewal.