By Pamela Bacon
MAKE A PLAN TO VOTE!
Are you ready for the Presidential General Election on November 3, 2020?
- Is your registration up to date?
- Is your address correct or did you add or remove a PO Box, had a name change?
- Make your corrections today to ensure you are able to vote for all of the candidates and issues in your area where you live.
- Check your voter registration information at www.govotecolorado.gov .
- If you are not sure about your registration information, contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 522-1544 for assistance.
If you have moved you may be inactive. Inactive voters will not have a ballot automatically mailed to them for the November 3, 2020 General Election.
Ballots are not forwardable to your new residence. The Post Office will send the ballot back to our office as undeliverable. The address would need to be corrected by the voter and then at that time a new ballot will be issued.
A little planning upfront would help so that you receive your ballot in a timely manner.
When will ballots be mailed?
- Ballots will be mailed to Active Eligible Electors starting October 9 – October 16, 2020.
When can I return my ballot?
- You may return your ballot as soon as you receive the ballot. You do not have to wait to return your ballot.
Where do I return my ballot? We highly recommend that you:
- Drop your ballot off at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751, located on the first floor, northwest corner of the Courthouse or,
- Drop your ballot in the 24/7 Secure Drive Up Drop Box located in the Courthouse parking lot (Ash Street entrance) east side of the parking area (no postage necessary) or
- You may also mail your ballot using the envelope provided with proper postage BUT you want to allow enough time for us to receive as Post Marks DON’T Count.
What if I don’t receive my ballot?
- Contact our office and will check your voter registration and verify your address and give you options.
Can I track my ballot?
- Yes, sign up for BallotTrax at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
- You choose what notifications you receive- when ballots are mailed, when the County Clerk receives the ballot, when the ballot is counted
- You Choose how you receive that notification – text, email, phone or all three.
What if I have other election questions?
- Call us at 970-522-1544 or email us email@example.com we will be happy to explain how Colorado election model works and our laws and regulations.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2020 GENERAL ELECTION:
- October 9 – 16, 2020: Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors.
- October 13, 2020, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through a voter registration drive. (no later than 22 days before the election)
- October 26, 2020, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver’s license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the General Election. (through the 8th day prior to the election)
- October 27, 2020, Tuesday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
- October 26, 2020, Monday – November 3, 2020, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
- Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots.
- November 3, 2020: ELECTION DAY
VOTER SERVICE AND POLLING CENTERS:
Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS AVAILABLE ON ELECTION DAY ONLY
Logan County Heritage Center, 821 N. Division Ave., Sterling
Logan County Extension Office, 508 S. 10th Ave., Sterling
Tuesday November 3, 2020 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
County Offices will be closed Monday September 7, 2020 in observance of Labor Day.
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording!