By Pamela Bacon
MAKE A PLAN TO VOTE!
Watch for your ballot in the mail. Ballots for the November 2, 2021 Coordinated Election will be mailed October 8 – October 15, 2021. The Coordinated Election will be conducted as an all-Mail Ballot Delivery Election.
The ballot you receive in the mail is your official ballot and the ballot you need to vote and return to our office for processing.
Ballots are mailed to all Active Eligible Voters. As soon as you receive your ballot you may vote the ballot with your choices and then return it to:
- the Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main Street Suite 3, Sterling, Co or
- 24/7 Drive Up Drop Box (no postage needed) located in the Southeast corner of the Courthouse Parking Lot.
- or by mail (2 FIRST CLASS STAMPS REQUIRED) prior to October 25 (Post Marks DO NOT COUNT)
Remember to allow enough time for the ballot to reach our office! Postmarks do not count! Mail-in ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. November 2, 2021.
TIPS FOR MAIL BALLOTS:
- You will receive the ballot, secrecy sleeve and return envelope.
- Select candidates and questions you wish to vote on.
- Use a blue or black pen that will not bleed through the paper to vote your ballot. Completely fill in the oval next to the selection you want to vote for.
- If you do not want to vote the entire ballot, simply mark your selections and leave the rest blank.
- Place your ballot in the secrecy sleeve that came with your ballot.
- Place the ballot inside of the secrecy sleeve in your return envelope addressed to Logan County Clerk and Recorder, 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751.
- Before sealing the envelope, please sign the signature affidavit located on the back of the envelope. This is required in order for your ballot to be processed. We must compare every signature to make sure that the intended voter was the one who signed the envelope.
All voted ballots and replacement ballots must be returned to the Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office, 315 Main St. Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751 by 7:00 p.m. November 2, 2021.
Please vote your mail ballot!
We highly recommend that you:
- Drop your ballot in the 24/7 drive up drop box located in the Courthouse parking lot (Ash Street entrance) east side of the parking area (no postage necessary). (look for the flags)
- Drop your ballot off at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Sterling, CO 80751, located on the first floor, northwest corner of the Courthouse or,
- You may also mail your ballot using the envelope provided (2 FIRST CLASS STAMPS REQUIRED) Prior to October 25.
QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR MAIL-IN BALLOT:
What if my ballot does not arrive? If your Coordinated Election ballot does not arrive by October 22, 2021 please come to the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main St. Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751 obtain a replacement ballot, or contact us 970-522-1544.
I spoiled my ballot, now what do I do? Please call the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 522-1544 or stop by our office. You may obtain a replacement ballot during normal business hours; from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What do I do with my mail-in ballot? You can vote your ballot any time after you receive the ballot. You can either mail it back with two first class stamps prior to October 25 or bring it to the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751 Or drop it in the 24/7 Drive up Drop Box. You may do this any time up to November 2, 2021 all ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. election day in order to be counted.
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO