By Pamela Bacon
Logan County Clerk and Recorder
September 21, 2022
November 8, 2022, General Election will be an all-mail ballot delivery.
Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible registered electors starting October 17, 2022.
What will be on the November 8, 2022, General Election Mail Ballot?
- United States Senator
- Representative to the 118 United States Congress- District 4
- Secretary of State
- State Treasurer
- Attorney General
- State Board of Education Member-At Large
- Regent of the University of Colorado- Congressional District 4
- State Senator- District 1
- State Representative- District 63
- Logan County Commissioner- District 3
- Logan County Clerk and Recorder
- Logan County Treasurer
- Logan County Assessor
- Logan County Sheriff
- Logan County Coroner
- State of Colorado Ballot Questions (11 total)
- City of Sterling Question
- Town of Iliff Question
- Town of Fleming Question
- Peetz Plateau School District RE-5 Question
- Buffalo School District RE-4J Recall Question
- Frenchman Groundwater Management District Landowner Question
C.R.S. 1-13-106 Forgery- Any person who falsely makes, alters, forges, or counterfeits any ballot before or after it has been cast, or who forges any name of a person as a signer or witness to a petition or nomination paper, or who forges any letter of acceptance, declination, or withdrawal, or who forges the name of a registered elector to a voter’s mail-in or mail ballot commits forgery which is a class five 5 felony.
C.R.S. 1-13-112 Offenses relating to mail ballots - Any person who, by use of force or other means, unduly influences an elector to vote in any particular manner or to refrain from voting, or who falsely makes, alters, forges, or counterfeits any mail ballot before or after it has been cast, or who destroys, defaces, mutilates, or tampers with such a ballot shall be punished by a fine of not more than five thousand dollars, or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than eighteen months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
C.R.S. 1-13-203 Procuring false registration -It is unlawful for any person to procure a false voter registration. To do so, is considered a Class 5 Felony, resulting in either a fine of up to $5,000.00, imprisonment in the county jail for up to 18 months, or both.
C.R.S 1-13-714 Electioneering (aka, campaigning) is prohibited from taking place either inside a polling place or within 100 feet of any building in which a polling location is located or of a ballot drop box. Each polling place must post signs marking the limit.
Voters may NOT advocate for the election or defeat of a candidate or a ballot measure either inside a polling place or within 100 feet of the entrance to a polling place. While inside a polling place, voters may NOT wear pins, t-shirts, hats, or other apparel that displays any preference for a candidate or a ballot measure that is on the ballot.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2022 GENERAL ELECTION:
- October 17 – 21, 2022: Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors.
- October 17, 2022, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through a voter registration drive. (no later than 22 days before the election)
- October 31, 2022, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver’s license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the General Election. (Through the 8th day prior to the election)
- November 1, 2022, Tuesday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
- October 31, 2022, Monday – November 8, 2022, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
- Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, November 5, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots.
- November 8, 2022: ELECTION DAY
Voter Service and Polling Centers:
Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS AVAILABLE ON ELECTION DAY ONLY
Logan County Heritage Center, 821 N. Division Ave., Sterling
Logan County Extension Office, 508 S. 10th Ave., Sterling
Tuesday November 8, 2022, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording