By Pamela Bacon,
Colorado is an all paper ballot state: What does that mean?
Colorado is an all paper ballot system voting option 1 or option 2 below; either way you vote you drop a paper ballot in a sealed and secured ballot box.
There is no machine that the voter puts their ballot in to be tabulated. That is not the way Colorado’s paper ballot system works.
- Option 1: Colorado is a mail ballot delivery state.
- All Active eligible electors are mailed a ballot 22 days before each election.
- The voter anytime between the time they receive the ballot and 7:00 p.m. on Election Day for that election can return the ballot in the signed envelope to the County Clerk and Recorder
- via mail (with proper postage)- postmarks do not count,
- via drop box (no postage required) or
- in the County Clerk’s Office or
- any VSPC location in person.
- Option 2: In- person at any VSPC location in the county.
- If you have the mail ballot that was sent to you; bring it to any VSPC and use the voting booths that are set up and vote the mail ballot in-person, sign the envelope and drop it in the sealed and secure mail ballot box.
- Don’t have your ballot that was mailed to you or you just want to come in the VSPC and vote: bring your identification to any VSPC in the county and you will be issued a paper ballot after you verify address and sign a signature card. Vote that paper ballot and drop it in a sealed and secure in-person ballot box.
All paper ballots are then removed from the sealed and secured ballot boxes by election judges. The number of paper ballots are verified for each secured box and then tabulated by election judges to get results to be released after 7:00 p.m. on Election Night.
Have election questions? Call us we will be happy to explain procedures, rules or laws.
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording!