RECORDER’S NOTES By Pamela Bacon
ELECTION INFORMATION: MAKE A PLAN TO VOTE!
Ballots for the June 28, 2022, Statewide Primary Election will be mailed the week of June 6– June 10, 2022. The Statewide Primary Election will be conducted as an all-Mail Ballot Election. The only Voter Service and Polling Center will be the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, Colorado.
The ballot you receive in the mail is your official ballot and the ballot you need to vote and return to our office for processing. Ballots are mailed to all Active Eligible Voters. As soon as you receive your ballot you may vote the ballot with your choices; sign the return envelope and then return it to the Clerk & Recorder’s Office.
UNAFFILIATED VOTERS: Colorado law allows unaffiliated voters to vote in a primary election.
Here is how it works:
1. You will receive two ballots in your packet, one Democratic ballot and one Republican ballot.
2. Choose ONLY ONE of these ballots and fill it out. Discard the ballot you won’t use.
3. Sign your return envelope and return your ONE voted ballot in the return envelope.
Sending in two voted ballots will disqualify all of your votes. Your vote in this election will not affiliate you with a political party.
Remember to allow enough time for the ballot to reach our office! Postmarks do not count! Ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. June 28, 2022.
TIPS FOR MAIL BALLOTS:
- You will receive in the mail your official ballot, secrecy sleeve with instructions and a return envelope.
- Unaffiliated voters your ballot packet will contain both Democratic and Republican Party ballots. ONLY RETURN ONE!
- Use a blue or black ink pen that will not bleed through the paper to vote your ballot.
- To vote for a candidate whose name appears on the ballot, completely fill in the oval to the left of your choice.
- If you do not want to vote the entire ballot, simply mark your selections and leave the rest blank.
- After marking your ballot, place the ballot inside the secrecy sleeve that came with your ballot.
- Place the ballot and the secrecy sleeve in your return envelope addressed to Logan County Clerk and Recorder, 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751.
- Before sealing the envelope, please sign the signature affidavit located on the back of the envelope. This is required in order for your ballot to be processed. We must compare every signature to make sure that the intended voter was the one who signed the envelope.
9. Ballots for all eligible registered voters will be mailed the week of June 6 – June 10, 2022.
All voted ballots and replacement ballots must be returned to the Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office, 315 Main St. Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751 by 7:00 p.m. June 28, 2022.
- Please vote your mail ballot!
- Return your ballot via mail before June 20 with proper postage to allow enough time for the post office to deliver to our office. (POSTMARKS DO NOT COUNT) or
- please use our 24/7 Drive up Drop Box located on the southeast side of the Courthouse Parking Lot (postage is not necessary).
QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR MAIL-IN BALLOT:
What if my ballot does not arrive? If your Primary Election ballot does not arrive by June 17, 2022, please call the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 970-522-1544 to obtain a replacement ballot.
I spoiled my ballot, now what do I do? Please contact the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 522-1544 to obtain a new ballot. You may obtain a replacement ballot during normal business hours; from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What do I do with my mail-in ballot?
- You can vote your ballot any time after you receive the ballot.
- Mail your ballot envelope back with adequate postage or
- drop it in the 24-Hour Drive-Up Drop Box postage is not required. You may do this any time up to June 28, 2022, all ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. election day in order to be counted.
June 6 – June 10, 2022: Ballots for the Primary Election will be mailed to active voters this week.
Saturday, June 25, 2022: Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office will be open 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for return of mail-in ballots; issue replacement ballots; register to vote; update address; update name; cast a ballot or vote a provisional ballot.
Primary Election Day: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, all ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. election day in order to be counted.
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording.