By Pamela Bacon
How are the election results checked after the votes are tallied?
- After each Election Day, but before election results are certified, all Colorado counties conduct a Risk Limiting Audit to verify that the tabulation system counted ballots correctly.
- This audit includes bipartisan citizen audit boards comparing randomly selected voter-marked paper ballots against the electronic record of how the system counted those ballots.
- Colorado was the first state to conduct a statewide Risk Limiting Audit in 2017. Prior to 2017 counties did a audit but it was not a Risk Limiting Audit.
- Once the audit is complete, clerks convene a bi-partisan canvas board made up of citizens from their county to check the results and validate voter turnout.
Colorado elections are mail ballot delivery elections; ballots will be mailed to all eligible electors:
- June 28, 2022 Primary Election ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors June 6 – June 10, 2022.
- November 8, 2022 General Election ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors October 17 – October 21, 2022.
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording