By Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
MAKE A PLAN TO VOTE!
What will be on the November 7, 2023, Coordinated Election Mail Ballot?
• City of Sterling Candidates-Mayor
• City of Sterling Candidates Councilmember Ward 1
• City of Sterling Candidates Councilmember Ward 2,
• City of Sterling Candidates Councilmember Ward 3,
• Aims Community College District Trustee District A
• Aims Community College District Trustee District B
• Aims Community College District Trustee District E
• Haxtun School District RE-2J Board of Director Candidates
• Frenchman RE-3 School District Board of Director Candidates
• Prairie School District RE-11J Board of Director Candidates
• State Ballot Measure Proposition HH (Statutory)
• State Ballot Measure Proposition II (Statutory)
• City of Sterling Referred Ballot Issue 2Q
• City of Sterling Referred Ballot Question 2R
• City of Sterling Referred Ballot Question 2S
• Haxtun School District RE-2J Referred Ballot Issue 5B
When will I receive my ballot? Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible voters October 16-20, 2023.
When can I return my ballot? As soon as you receive your ballot you may return it the following ways:
1. Drop your ballot off at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Sterling, CO 80751, located on the first floor, northwest corner of the Courthouse or,
2. Drop your ballot in the 24/7 Drive Up Drop Box located in the Courthouse parking lot (Ash Street entrance) east side of the parking area (no postage necessary).
3. Place adequate postage on your ballot return envelope and mail it back. Remember to allow enough time for mail delivery of your voted ballot. All ballots must be returned to the Clerk and Recorder’s office by Election Day, November 7, 2023, by 7:00 p.m. in order to be counted.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2023 COORDINATED ELECTION:
• October 16 – 20, 2023: Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors.
• October 16, 2023, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through a voter registration drive. (no later than 22 days before the election)
• October 30, 2023, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver’s license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the Coordinated Election. (Through the 8th day prior to the election)
• October 30, 2023, Monday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
• October 30, 2023, Monday – November 7, 2023, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office, 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
• Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, November 4, 2023, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots.
• November 7, 2023: ELECTION DAY
Voter Service and Polling Center:
Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.,
315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
County Offices will be closed Monday October 9, 2023, in observance of Columbus Day.
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording